UEE40720 Certificate IV in Electronics and Communications
Total duration: 104 weeks
This qualification covers competencies in audio/video, data systems and computer/network hardware, medical applications and communication aspects of electronic i.e. transmitters, communications medium/channel, receivers, attenuation and noise reduction. It includes detection/surveillance.
Delivering unit of competency:
This qualification has 27 units of competency, comprising of 16 core & 11 elective units.
|UEECD0007||Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace|
|Document and apply measures to control WHS risks associated with electrotechnology work*|
|UEECD0019||Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components*|
|UEECD0043||Solve problems in direct current circuits*|
|UEEEC0060||Repairs basic electronic apparatus faults by replacement of components*|
|UEEEC0074||Troubleshoot resonance circuits in an electronic apparatus*|
|UEEEC0069||Troubleshoot digital sub-systems*|
|UEEEC0075||Troubleshoot single phase input d.c power supplies*|
|UEEEC0067||Troubleshoot basic amplifier circuits*|
|UEEEC0066||Troubleshoot amplifiers in an electronic apparatus*|
|UEEEC0028||Fault find and repair complex power supplies*|
|UEEEC0063||Solve fundamental electronic communications system problems*|
|UEECD0010||Compile and produce an energy sector detailed report|
|UEECD0024||Implement and monitor energy sector WHS policies and procedures|
|UEECD0027||Participate in development and follow a personal competency development plan|
|UEERE0015||Implement and monitor energy sector environmental and sustainable policies and procedures|
|BSBCUS201||Deliver a service to customers|
|UEECS0032||Support computer hardware and software for engineering applications|
|UEEEC0006||Carry out repairs of predictable faults in video and audio replay/recording apparatus*|
|UEECS0032||Comply with scheduled and preventative maintenance program processes|
|UEECD0035||Provide basic instruction in the use of electrotechnology apparatus|
|UEECO0015||Provide quotations for installation or service jobs|
|UEECO0017||Source and purchase material/parts for installation or service jobs|
|UEECS0002||Analyse and implement biometric measuring techniques and applications|
|UEECO0001||Estimate electrotechnology projects|
|UEECO0013||Prepare specifications for the supply of materials and equipment for electrotechnology projects|
Participants will also be eligible to seek employment working in a small, medium or large enterprise, in a variety of industries, in both the public and private sector. Graduates with no prior work experience should expect to enter the industry in positions such as Gaming Electronics Tradesperson, Electronics and Communications Tradesperson, Security System Installer, Electronics Tradesperson (Entertainment and Servicing), Business Equipment Technician, Electronic Equipment Tradesperson | Electronics Tradesperson (Marine), Custom Electronics Installations Technician
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
On completion of this qualification, learners may choose to proceed to a Diploma level qualification in a related or relevant field within the RTO or may go to another suitable educational institution for further studies.
Learners will also have the options to choose from other relevant UEE training packages or related course with other education institutions for that purpose candidates will be asked to inquire directly with the other education providers.
Course Delivery & Assessment Methods
- Delivery and assessment strategies are selected to reﬂect the nature of the elements and performance criteria of the competency together with the needs and learning style of the participants. Delivery and assessment method includes a blended learning practice including learning management system (Moodle).
- Assessment methodology may include but is not limited to: observation, project/ report, case study, role play, exercises, activities; and written/oral tasks including multiple choice, questions and answer, essays, true/false and presentations.
- Students must be over 18 years of age,
- Students must have completed an overseas equivalent of Year 12
- Students must have either an IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0 or
- Paper based (PBT) TOEFL score of 550 or above or
- Internet based (iBT) TOEFL score of 78 or above and must provide documentation to that effect.
- Mature age students will also be considered without the minimum education requirements but with relevant work experience within chosen area of study and a demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements.
- Entry requirements will be checked at enrolment in line with the RTO’s Student entry requirements, selection, enrolment and orientation policy.
Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning
- Have you worked or studied in this ﬁeld before? RPL allows you the opportunity to be recognised for skills, experience and study that you may have already attained. To gain RPL you will need to contact the college for our RPL kit, which will guide you through the process of presenting your evidence.
|Session # 1 (Weekdays)||Monday, Tuesday: 8 am – 4 pm
|Session # 2 (Weekend)||Thursday, Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
|Session # 3 (Evening)||Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm|
|Year||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4||Term 5||Term 6||Term 7||Term 8|